Share Christy’s Story: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Christy will be speaking at several events around the Atlanta area. The Christy Sims Foundation would like to invite you to join her in support. All events are FREE and open to the public except for those notated.
– Wednesday, October 8th, at 7pm: Spelman College
– Saturday, October 11th, at 11am: Unsung Leaders Luncheon & Awards Ceremony hosted by The National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Atlanta Chapter (Cost: $75/person)
– Sunday, October 12th, at 10am: Open Word Church in Union City
– Saturday, October 18th, at 8am: Walk A Mile in Her Shoes Domestic Violence Walk in Riverdale (Cost to participate: $25/person)
– Sunday, October 19th, at 10:45am: Destiny World Church in Douglasville
– Sunday, October 19th, at 5pm: IMinx Bowl-A-Thon in Marietta (Cost to participate: $25/person)
– Tuesday, October 21st, 12-2pm: Domestic Violence Panel Discussion at Georgia Perimeter College, Dunwoody Campus
– Thursday, October 23rd, 12-2pm: Domestic Violence Panel Discussion at Georgia Perimeter College, Decatur Campus
– Sunday, October 26th, 11am: New Covenant Christian Ministries in Stone Mountain
– Thursday, October 30th, 9am, LIVE!: Rickey Smiley Morning Show
*Note: We will update as more details become available.
Please continue to #sharechristysstory and donate here! Thank you for your prayers, your support, and for building awareness.